acne skincare ~

Before I do any makeup review, I'll talk about what time of skin I have:

I have acne-prone and oily skin :(
I started getting acne at the end of my16s beginning of my 17s which sucks because I had pretty much clear complexion for most of my teenage years in which i never really paid attention of things like skin-care and what not so when started to get acne I had to juggle that with me getting into college and of course college took most of my time which lead to me not caring about my face that much which resulted into a lot of scarring -_-

So yeah I have a lot of scarring due to acne, my acne has toned down quite a lot tho!!!! yet I still have oily skin and really enlarged pores (result of acne), a lot of redness on my cheek area, some dry spots idk and dark marks too.

What do I use as skincare, I've been to the dermatologist I've tried different methods and what not which at that time gave so and so results... I've decided to stop going to the dermatologist coz I feel he wasn't really helping that much, after a long time I found one of my prescribed gels (Ziana) for acne and since it hasn't expired yet I've continued to use it combined with BP and yep I feel like my skin has gotten so much better, I do get some pimples but really different from what I had before!
It doesn't really help my blackheads tho...... so yeah I still have that.

For acne wash: I currently use clean&clear Continuous control acne cleanser with 10% BP but is too strong for my skin so I don't really 'massage' my face with it. Too drying. Plus I like cleanser which I can lather up and well this really feels more like a cream cleanser.

Toner: I use the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2 in 1 toner, I would say even tho I really like this stuff it really is not a toner and it's more like an astringent it contains too much alcohol to be a toner if you have active pimples it would definitely sting but I don't really have them anymore and I've gone used to the alcohol level, it contains salicylic acid (SA doesn't do anything to my face tho) but not many know that it contains an small amount of Glycol Acid which helps with fading scars so if you are more worried about acne marks (not scars) then this is a pretty good toner. If u have active acne I recommend u to use an alcohol-free toner.

Moisturizer: I'm pretty sure that a lot of oily skin people are gonna tell me that they don't need any more 'moisture' to their face but let me tell u about it, a good moisturizer will help ur acne to heal better and faster especially if you are using things like BP or salicylic acid, but you have to get the right moisturizer if you have oily skin choose a moisturizer that mattifies or controls shine and of course is better if it has SPF that way you can put it under ur makeup.
I really love Mary Kate's Velocity moisturizer results and even tho it doesn't contained anything like BP or SA  it really helps acne. My only problem with this moisturizer is that is very sticky and I don't really like that feeling it makes me too shiny imo.
I also use Clean & Clear finishes mattifying moisturizer with SPF15, I have to be honest I don't feel like this moisturizes my face at all but it definitely helps control shine so I put this under my make up.

Weekly mask:
I've learn to love Zamian Gold Cacao Pack / Mask, I really don't know if it's my skin healing by itself or because of this mask but I feel like my scars have faded a little because of it???. In either case I really love using this mask coz it smells really like dark chocolate *yummy!!!! it also contains gold but not a lot sometimes I can see the gold dust that's left on my fingers after I the mask on.
As with many other mask I can't let this sit around in my face for long periods of time or my skin will get really irritated so I usually live it up to 10 minutes, depending on the condition of your skin this mask does sting! so beware of that.

That's pretty much my skincare routine I have tried many many products and still do ~!!!

No Response to "acne skincare ~"

Post a Comment

 
Super Junior - The 3rd Asia Tour: Super Show 3 (2DVD + Photobook + Folded Poster) (Korea Version)

Copyright © 2009 Fashion, music, fandom, ....holic ♥ ♥ ♥ All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes